COVID 19 Vaccine: Where do I sign up?
Updated: Feb 12
CURRENTLY SERVING PHASE 1A AND PHASE 1B ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS
Tier 1B of the IDPH COVID 19 mass vaccine rollout plan is now well underway. On 2-10-21, Gov. Pritzker announced that Tier 1B would be expanded to include those age 16-65 with high risk conditions for severe Covid 19 illness. However, this recommendation was amended on 2-11-21 to state that Chicago and Cook County Public Health Departments would NOT yet be opening vaccine programs to Tier 1C eligible residents.
Click below to check eligibility for:
Phase 1A; Phase 1B; Phase 1C
IS CARA DIRECT CARE GETTING THE COVID VACCINE?
Our application to become part of the Illinois I-Care Covid vaccine program is currently being processed by IDPH. Our vaccine partner company Vaxcare is rolling out a vaccine support program to help us offer our patients the vaccine. We are working hard to get all the pieces together and hope to offer the Covid vaccine some time in spring 2021.
Cara Direct Care patients who are eligible for the vaccine at this time should take the first opportunity they can to get vaccinated, for their safety, that of their families and communities.
LIST OF CHICAGOLAND VACCINATION SITES:
- Sign up for every mailing list that you can (see below)
- Check your email several times daily
- Take the first vaccine appointment that you can successfully schedule
- Be patient! The vaccine supply is limited at this time and Tier 1B is a much larger group than Tier 1A. More will become available in the coming weeks.
- Consider helping your elderly family and neighbors register and monitor their emails. Many are not tech savvy and have no access to scheduling opportunities
- CAREGIVERS: If you are the primary caregiver for a high risk individual, you are considered eligible for Tier 1A, no matter your age or health status. (Please ask your dependent’s physician to write a letter of verification of your caregiver status to confirm your vaccine eligibility.)
Please see our list of local vaccination sites sign up links below - please feel free to share these resources with others.
1. CORPORATE HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS:
If you are a patient of any of the local corporate healthcare organizations in any capacity - log in through your patient portal, or contact your primary care provider/specialist office in that organization and request to be put on the vaccine waitlist. Local organizations include:
- AMITA - no info yet
- HINES VA
2. PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENTS:
Every county health department now has a sign up link to be put in the system. If you live in one county and work in another, you are eligible to sign up in both counties. Many who have signed up for updates have been emailed a link to schedule their vaccines already.
Click on the links below and sign up on your respective county website (s) for updates.
a. COOK COUNTY
c. KANE COUNTY
d. LAKE COUNTY
f. WILL COUNTY
3. RETAIL PHARMACIES WITH MULTIPLE LOCATIONS:
Each pharmacy website - make sure you create a username and password now - that way when you get the sign up link you are ready to get in quickly to snag that appointment time.
a. WALGREENS - link for Tier 1B to sign up, keep checking. Appointments added in early hours daily. Their system is very inefficient - you have to check checking multiple times on each date.
Keep refreshing the page at each location and watch for the date to turn GREEN.
c. CVS - information page which states you should visit this page to sign up when vaccine becomes available
d. WALMART/SAMS CLUB - Information page, no sign up link, will update when available
e.COSTCO - No information at all - surprising! Come on Costco!
4. INDEPENDENT CLINIC LOCATIONS:
a. OAK STREET HEALTH - 65+ can sign up to receive and email when appointments open up.
b. METRO INFECTIOUS DISEASE CONSULTANTS, BURR RIDGE
No longer taking voicemails.
- Email to email@example.com
- Include NAME, DOB, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER and eligibility (see below)
- Scheduling appointments for the following:
Over 65’s from anywhere, DUPAGE RESIDENTS ONLY essential workers: Firefighters, Police Officers, Teachers, Childcare Workers
Vaccine appointments not available currently. Locations in downtown Chicago.
Keep checking your email very frequently over the next few weeks. Once you receive an invite to sign up - do so ASAP as the spots will fill quickly.
Keep watching this site as the vaccination plan rolls out as we will continue to update our resources above.
Dr Clodagh Ryan
Cara Direct Care,
1400 W. 47th St., Ste. 1
La Grange, IL
T: 708-571-CARA (2272)